VDM – Reconstruction of the building envelope and access control
Client: La Ville de Montréal
Contract Value: 7 800 000$
Architect: Réal Paul, architecte
Location: 3161, Joseph, Verdun, QC. H4G 1H8
Project involving buildings of historical interest built between 1856 and 1950 :
- Work executed on a highly secure site, occupied by more than 400 Ville de Montréal employees.
- Complete restoration of all masonry (brick replacement, repointing).
- Replacement of the entire existing fenestration (358 custom windows).
- Refurbishment of 1500 m of architectural wrought iron fences and gates.
- Site security: replacement of all doors leading to the building, installation of a biometric security system, surveillance and monitoring cameras, a highly sophisticated security system on the entire perimeter of the site and construction of a new guard house and access road.
- Restoration of the water basin.